CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Learning about "A"



Tonight I started working with Emma on the "a" sound. She has been working on her letters at school, but I thought it might be nice to work on it at home too. I have been reading "Ready, Set, Read" by Janet Chambers (a lady I work with at TA). Tonight we did the big event- Emma was an ambulance driver taking animals to the hospital. She put on her special pink hat, pushed her stroller (ambulance) through the house saying "aaa, aaa". When she got her animals to the hospital (blanket), she would give them a bandage (sticker) to help them feel better before she would take them back home in the ambulance. Emma really seemed to enjoy the activity. She's been saying the "a" sound all through the house. We ate apples and read "Arthur's baby" to reinforce out work with "a". We will work on "a" for a week before we move on to the next letter. I will keep you updated.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this girl has a true sense of fashion....I would never have thought of blending the colors the way she does......and the multiple pairs of socks! What a great idea if it should begin to snow and freeze over! I've told all of you that she IS the smartest kid on earth! Oh Yeah....and the cutest!